Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) – Haslemere Hospital
The Minor Injuries Unit is for adults and children over two years of age. It is run by our team of skilled Nurse Practitioners who can assess, diagnose and treat patients with minor injuries.
The unit often has shorter waiting times than our Emergency Department (A&E) and there is no need to make an appointment, although you can call 111 for advice and a time slot to attend.
It is open from 8am to 5pm Monday – Friday and some weekend days. Throughout February, the MIU will be open Monday – Sunday from 8am to 5pm. Our address is Haslemere Minor Injuries Unit, Church Lane, Haslemere GU27 2BJ. Tel: 01483 956 524
Please note: The service is not for life threatening injuries and if you require urgent medical attention or assistance, please call 999.
What minor injuries can we treat?
- Wounds – cuts, bruises and grazes.
- Minor burns.
- Suspected broken bones, strains, and sprains (including an X-ray service).
- Minor eye injuries.
- Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness).
- Removal of foreign bodies from ears, eyes or nose or from under the skin (splinters).
- Bites and stings.
What are we unable to treat?
- Serious, life threatening injuries or illnesses including breathing difficulties and severe chest pain. Please dial 999.
- Old/ongoing injuries
- Allergic reactions.
- Earache, sore throat, colds, coughs, flu and chest infections.
- Tooth ache.
- Mental health problems.
- Pregnancy related problems.
- Injuries that require a neck, chest, back or facial X-ray.
- Stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Overdoses and alcohol related problems.
Coming to the Minor Injury Unit
- There is no need to make an appointment. You can simply walk in during our opening hours (8am-5pm).
- During busy times, it may not be possible to offer a full consultation to people who arrive close to closing (from 4pm).
- If you would like advice about your condition and if the Minor Injuries Unit is the right place for you, please call NHS 111. They can give you a time slot to attend to reduce your waiting time.
- Our address is Haslemere Minor Injuries Unit, Church Lane, Haslemere GU27 2BJ.